Thursday, June 26, 2014

a message to all my students at BAPS

you have been the kings and queens of my world
I look up to you
people may think you live in an age and time of privilege and entitlement
but no
you dwarf any kids that have ever existed
your optimism, your relentless smiling and laughing
everyone says your teacher looks like an 18 year old
and they think it's because I have 'Asian genes' or something
but it's really because of you
I take notes on everything you do
because I believe
I know
you have the recipe for happiness
you know so much
you love so much
you spread hope everywhere you go
you know everyone's weird and you love them for it
I'm going away for a while to work with grown ups who aren't as cool as you
but my goal will be to help them become more
like you
although they call me the teacher

it is all of you that taught me.

love,
Mr. Lee (see you soon)

5 comments:

  1. Dear Mr. Lee,

    BAPS has changed since you left. You were one to look up to, a one of a kind teacher. I'm glad I was able to be in your last class. I still remember the first day of grade 7, I was a bit nervous because some of my friends weren’t in my class and that was the year I was going to leave for Singapore. Even thought I only had you as a teacher for 3 months it was more then I could ever ask for!!!! I LOVED going to school ( I always did but I was really nervous that year, I was going to leave all my friends, classmates and teachers) and I looked forwards to being in class, learning and school projects!!!!! The Moment you called me over to tell me that I was in your class on the first day, I knew that the next 3 months were going to be AMAZING!!!! Looking back, that year was the BEST, I had you and Mme. Suleman (Honickman) to teach me and help me learn and achieve my goals. Last year I didn't only learn math, english and health from you, I learned to make friends, be myself and most of all... how to have fun!!!!! I'm honoured to have been In your class!

    We all miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ~ Simaya Rosenbloom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Got a problems with Assignment Writing to university or college right here is great custom writing service assignment writing service

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say that I found your site via Google and I am glad I did. Keep up the good work and I will make sure to bookmark you for when I have more free time away from the Linux Foundation CKAD Exam Dumps PDF. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete